Firing up an old car Grill Headlight System

Most recent answer: 10/21/2014

i have an old car grill with two headlights in it. I would like to use a power inverter to use it as decoration in my home. how large of a power inverter would i need?
- Ben (age 52)
Hopkinton, MA, USA

Hi Ben,

I don't think you need an AC to DC converter.  Car head lights should work perfectly well on AC as well as DC.   I reccomend finding out the voltage your old lights work on usually, 6V or 12 V, and then buy an appropiate AC stepdown transformer.  A typical element draws about 50-60 Watts.



(published on 10/21/2014)