Touching a Magnet to an Electrical A/C Outlet

Most recent answer: 10/03/2009

What would someone feel if they approached and then touched a magnet to an electrical A/C outlet wiring, will the person be electrocuted or what would they feel by this? thank you
- Frank (age 30)
Orlando, FL, USA
Don't do it!  Most magnets are pretty good electrical conductors and as such will give you a shock if you touch one to an AC outlet.  If you approach an outlet with a magnet in your hand but don't actually let the magnet touch it you should feel nothing.


(published on 10/03/2009)

Follow-up on this answer