Physics Van 3-site Navigational Menu

Physics Van Navigational Menu

Q & A: What is a radiometer?

Learn more physics!

Most recent answer: 01/28/2011
My high school physics professor (and college professor) had a device that looked like a light bulb but had small panels inside. One side of the panels were black and the other white. When in light the panels would of course absorb light on one side and reflect light on the other and the panels would start to spin. For the life of me I can not remember what this object is called!
- John K (age 42)
Lyman SC
I guess my answer title sounds like I'm playing Jeopardy. That's because we're trying to write these to maximize Google hits.

We've discussed it before (), but we know it's hard to do a search when you can't remember the name.

Mike W. 

(published on 01/28/2011)

Follow-up on this answer.