Physics Van 3-site Navigational Menu

Physics Van Navigational Menu

Q & A: Gauss and point charges

Learn more physics!

Most recent answer: 08/26/2015
we usually use gausse law for symmetrical body like sphere or cylinder...but can we use the gausse law to calculate the resultant electric field , for point test charge????
- pritamegh (age 19)
barasat, w.b, india

Yes. That's  called Coulomb's law, or the inverse square law.

Mike W.

(published on 08/26/2015)

Follow-up on this answer.