Learn more physics!
Why dont we get shock when we touch the inverter batteries...I mean when we touch an AC source we get high shock because it has high voltage of 220 volts.....But an inverter which has DC source has less voltage...But the same DC source makes the instruments which work on AC to work with the same brightness and frequenc...But even though that DC source makes such high voltage instruments to work then why dont we get shocks as an AC source gives shock...
- Prudhvi Raj Borra (age 17)
The DC terminals of an inverter are usually 12 Volt batteries. Not a shocking situation. However, the output of an inverter is usually 110 or 220 Volts AC. You can get a jolt from this.
(published on 05/05/2010)
Follow-up on this answer.