K-12 Science 2 Schools Traveling Science Programs: NASA Sun-Earth Connection Education Program (SECEF)
NASA Sun-Earth Connection Education Program (SECEF)
NASA Office of Space Science (OSS) & UC Berkeley Berkeley, CA, United States
NASA Office of Space Science (OSS) & NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Greenbelt, MD, United States
1) SECEF (GSFC team)- Metropolitan DC; also 12 states in Northeastern United States that are served by Goddard Space Flight Center. For schools that are funded through the NASA Explorer Schools Program, we are committed to some onsite visits. Otherwise, many presentations are done through videoconferences.
2) SECEF (Berkeley team)- Oakland, Bay Area, San Francisco
3) NASA OSS has a national support network for education and public outreach. Depending on where a school or an event is located, we may find someone to support it.
Teachers are encouraged to
1) Be trained for and participate in Sun-Earth Day
2) Take the online tutorial or find a NASA center for workshops to participate in the Student Observation Network
Please peruse the SECEF website http://spacescience.nasa.gov/
Mostly Physics, Earth and Space Sciences, some Chemistry; language arts (about science) for the early elementary grades; math, technology. Standard based.
K-12, underserved colleges and universities
classroom, whole school, etc.
Materials are free or at a nominal cost while supplies last. Travel will be limited by budget and the availability of individual scientists and education specialists.
The information contained in this page is accurate as of August, 2003.